Let the delicious treats continue as we celebrate National Cake Day today! Try Charleston Cooks! delicious recipe for Gingerbread Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. It is a perfect treat for the holiday season.
2/3 cup (11 tablespoons) unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup whole milk
2/3 cup molasses
2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 16 (4-ounce) silicone muffin cups on a sheet pan.
2. With a hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and blend to combine after each addition.
4. In a mixing bowl or large measuring cup, combine milk and molasses. Set aside.
5. In another mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
6. Add the flour mixture to the stand mixture in 3 additions alternating with 2 additions of the milk mixture, finishing with the flour mixture.
7. Divide the mixture among 16 silicone cups.
8. Bake until the cakes are browned and cooked through and a toothpick inserted into the cakes comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl until smooth, about 5-7 minutes.
2. Beat in vanilla. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
3. Top each cake with some of the cream cheese frosting.