Maverick Southern Kitchens, which includes Slightly North of Broad, Charleston Cooks!, High Cotton Charleston & Greenville and the Old Village Post House, will close its doors for one day on Super Bowl Sunday, February 3rd. We take this time to celebrate our staff and all their hard work. In the true Super Bowl Spirit, we enjoy the day together, playing games, wining prizes and enjoying great food.
In our absence, Charleston Cooks! has provided a deliciously perfect recipe for the big game! Whether you are a 49-ers or Ravens fan or just love good ole’ sibling rivalry, enjoy your Super Bowl XLVII viewing with Charleston Cooks! Smoked BBQ Brisket Sandwich on Garlic Texas Toast.
Smoked BBQ Brisket Sandwich on Garlic Texas Toast
4 tablespoon Willie’s Hog Dust
1 3-4 pound beef brisket
1 disposable alder wood smoking bag
12 slices Garlic Texas Toast, such as Pepperidge Farm
1/2 cup Hickory BBQ Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Combine hog dust and 1/4 cup canola oil. Brush both sides of the brisket with the mixture.
3. Place brisket in the smoking bag. Close the bag and place on a sheet pan. Bake until brisket is fork tender, about 3- 3 1/2 hours.
4. Meanwhile preheat a grill to 500 degrees.
5. Remove the brisket from the oven, open the bag and remove the brisket.
6. Place the brisket on the grill. Grill on the first side until grill marks form. Grill the second side until grill marks form. Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
7. Place the Garlic Texas Toast on the grill and grill until warmed through, about 2 minutes per side.
8. Using a fork, shred the brisket and discard the fat. Pour BBQ sauce over the brisket pieces, and stir to incorporate into the brisket.
To serve, top one piece of Garlic Texas Toast with the shredded brisket and another piece of the toast. Enjoy!